Tuesday 8 April 2014

Sydney, The Harbour City

25,030 km

Here I am still in Sydney enjoying every moment of this beautiful city. A reuniting with old friends, making connections that will live long in memory, the first dip in the ocean since arriving, and assimilating in a city with some really great culture. 


When I arrived a few weeks ago it was after a month of farm work in Victoria. That means a month of no polo and being away from my friends in Melbourne, so what better way to get to sydney than with a convoy of the Melbourne polo peeps! 

(Photo courteous of Dante Kurth) 

When I arrived for the purposes of the Australasian Hardcourt Bike Polo Championships, I was immidiatly reunited with my good friends Morag, Niki, Lachie, Jono, and Sean. All of whom I had pleasure to spend lots of time with in North America. The week that would follow was filled with lots of drinks, pubs, steak nights, and polo. (A post will follow a bit more in depth about the tournament)


I have been privileged to have all the time in the world while I have been here. So I have taken some opportunities to do the touristy things. Sean and I managed to get out for a ride around the Harbour Bridge, Opera House, Royal Botanical Gardens, and out for a bit of Chinese food(I really like dumplings!!!)







My friend Adrian, who is still lingering in Sydney after the tourney, and I managed to get our shit together for a nice day out at Manly Beach on the north side of the harbour. Hot sunny weather, some bike rides, a swim in the ocean(well a dip... I just had a tattoo done, so no salt water for me), and a 6 pack of the local 4 Pines Kolsch made for a pretty memorable day. 





The rest of my time has been spent assimilating into the hip culture that radiates from the Newtown, Erskinville, and Darlingoton suburbs. Here are a few great photos from these areas. 




My time here is coming to an end but I think I have one more weekend and thankfully a couple more nights of polo! 

Cheers Sydney! 

-W


No comments:

Post a Comment